Community Update – December 3, 2021
Montclair Classics – 12/3 @ 5:00PM Come join in the fun for “BINGO BELLS” at the MPOA Office. Enjoy Free Adult Beverages • Free Food • and CASH Prizes! It's free to play! Bingo Bells is from 5-8pm!
Current 2021 REC Ids are required to attend. This event is intended for Mature Audiences.
Holiday Home Decorating Contest – 12/10 – 12/17 This holiday season the Events Committee is teaming up with the Garden Club to judge the Annual Holiday Decorating Contest. Let your holiday spirit soar and sign up for one of the four categories: Do You Believe?? • Holiday Traditions • Razzle Dazzle • Holiday Movie Theme. Viewing will take place during the week of December 10th – 17th. https://bit.ly/3rzOSOS
Volunteers needed for Saturday with Santa Volunteers are needed for setup in the photo area (Dolphin Beach Pavilion) on Friday, December 10th. We'll be working hard to transform the quaint pavilion into a holiday wonderland. Next, we'll need some more elves to help monitor the Kids Zone craft area during the Saturday with Santa event on 12/11/21. We're featuring 3 different activities for the kids to take part in. Volunteers for this section will need to help the kids as necessary, clean up the table of any messes left by the kids and monitor them for the duration of the shift. We'll also need a volunteer to help accept the submissions for the Gingerbread House Contest. Sign up today https://tinyurl.com/MPOAElves
Santa Ride – 12/11 (9am – 1pm) Santa Claus will be making his pilgrimage from the North Pole to Montclair on Saturday, December 11th. He will begin his route around Montclair at 9:00am, starting at the MPOA office and making over 50 stops this year and ending around 1:00pm. Santa stops will be marked by a “Santa Stop sign” (Times are approximate) Please see Santa’s route
Saturday with Santa – 12/11 (2:30pm – 5:30pm) After taking a break with some milk and cookies, please come visit Santa at Montclair’s North Pole at Dolphin Beach Pavilion to snap your holiday photos!
Winter Market – 12/11 (2:30pm – 7pm) Save some time to parous the vendors at Dolphin Beach and grab those last minute gifts, or something special for yourself (More vendor information to come). We’ll also have a Kids Zone with crafts and activities and the Gingerbread House Decorating Contest. *Gingerbread houses need to be entirely edible and dropped off at Dolphin Beach from 2-2:30pm on 12/11. One submission per household.* Please don't forget your Rec IDs, and parents don't forget your camera to capture this special Santa moment.
Call for Candidates – Deadline 1/10 Are you interested in how your community is run? Would you like to get involved and help continue to make Montclair the best it can be? Consider helping to shape the future of Montclair as a member of the Board of Directors. Three At-Large Directors are needed to serve on the Board of Directors for a 3-year term to be elected at the Annual Meeting on Saturday, March 19, 2022. To be eligible you must be a member of the Association in good standing. To become a candidate and ensure your name is on the official ballot, please complete and submit the Call for Candidate form. Please provide your Election Statement of 350 words or less on a separate sheet of paper. Submit a photo with the form online to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the MPOA office. This information will be published in the Annual Meeting packet, the Montclairion, montclairva.com and on MPOA Facebook Page. This form can be found online at https://www.montclairva.com/documents-and-forms or at the MPOA Office. Due no later than 5 p.m., Monday, January 10, 2022 to the MPOA OFFICE
Election Committee – 12/6 @ 7:00PM
MPOA Board Meeting – 12/8 @ 7:30PM
Ad Hoc Dog Park Meeting – 12/9 @ 5:00PM
Covenants Committee – 12/9 @ 7:00PM
In case you missed it Budget Presentation to the Membership https://vimeo.com/650873215 Password: Budget23##
COVID Vaccine Information
Community Vaccination Center and Manassas Mall
Appointments for adolescents and adults are highly recommended.
Appointments are required for 5-11 year olds.
Sign up for appointments at vase.vdh.virginia.gov for either theCVC or the Manassas Mall vaccine clinic
Community Vaccination Center (CVC)
• The CVC will offer vaccines for ages 5-11, by appointment only at this time.
• The CVC normally is open Tuesday thru Sunday from 10 am to 7:30 pm.
Manassas Mall Clinic
• PWHD Manassas Mall COVID-19 vaccine clinic and The Red Sea clinic is located 8300 Sudley Rd, Manassas, VA 20109
• At Manassas Mall, vaccines for 5-11 year oldswill be offered Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, by appointment only.
Mall Clinic Hours:
• Monday: 12 pm to 4 pm (walk-ins accepted for 12 years and older, vaccines offered: Pfizer, and Moderna). By appointment only, Pfizer 5-11 year old vaccinations. The Flu vaccine will be offered while supplies last.
• Tuesday: 10 am to 6 pm(clinic closed 2:30 pm to 3:00 pm, walk-ins accepted for 12 years and older from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm, vaccines offered: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson). By appointment only Pfizer 5-11 year old vaccinations.
• Wednesday: 10 am to 6pm (clinic closed 2:30 pm to 3:00 pm, walk-ins accepted for 12 years and older from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm, vaccines offered: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson). By appointment only Pfizer 5-11 year old vaccinations.
• Thursday: 10 am to 6 pm (clinic closed 2:30 pm to 3:00 pm, walk-ins accepted for 12 years and older from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm, vaccines offered: Pfizer,Moderna, Johnson & Johnson). By appointment only Pfizer 5-11 year old vaccinations
• Friday: 12 pm to 4 pm (walk-ins accepted for 12 years and older, vaccines offered: Pfizer, and Moderna). The Flu vaccine will be offered while supplies last. No 5-11 year old vaccinations on Fridays.
• Saturday: 9 am to 5 pm (clinic closed 12:30 pm-1:00 pm, walk-ins accepted for
12 years and older from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm, vaccines offered: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson). By appointment only Pfizer 5-11 year old vaccinations.
• You can reach out to your healthcare provider for COVID-19 testing. Pharmacies offer COVID-19 testing and sell over-the-counter home testing kits. https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/covid-19-testing/walgreens-partnership/