Community Update – 1-31-22
UPDATE - Trash & Yard debris collection Please be advised that American Disposal has confirmed that yard debris and trash are being collected on the same day (Thursdays) from 12/24 – 2/28. Starting 3/1, yard debris pick-up days will revert back to Wednesdays and Trash will remain on Thursdays. If you have any questions, please call American Disposal at (703) 368-0500.
Police presence at West Beach – 2/2 The Prince William County Police Department will be on Lake Montclair in the vicinity of West Beach on February 2nd , to conduct training, rescue requirements and practice victim recovery.
Meet the Montclair POA Board of Directors Candidates Get to know the Candidates before Conversation with the Candidates, please go to: www.montclairva.com and click the “Meet the Candidates” icon!
Volunteers Needed – 3/26 We’re on the hunt for volunteers to help with everything from egg stuffing to setup and egg hiding, and we can’t do it without you! Whether you need volunteer hours for school or just want to be more involved with Montclair – we need you! tinyurl.com/MPOASpring2022 We are looking for an Easter Bunny too, if interested please signup below! tinyurl.com/MPOABunnyHunt
Spring Celebration – The hunt is on! – 3/26 This year’s Spring Celebration will include an egg hunt, bunny photos, relay races, craft tables and a veteran egg hunt for the older kids. In an effort to keep everything organized and more socially distanced, we ask that you sign your little “hunters” up in the appropriate time slot according to their age. We also ask that you register your racers/teams for the relay races ahead of time. Sign up here: tinyurl.com/MPOAEggHunt2022 **A VALID REC ID IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND THIS EVENT!** More details will be released via this e-blast, the MPOA Facebook page and in March’s Montclairion as we get closer to the event.
Initial Construction Subcommittee – ICC Do you have experience in construction, engineering or home building? If so, the MPOA needs your help and expertise on the ICC. For more information or a volunteer application, please visit https://www.montclairva.com/documents-and-forms, Article 3 Committees & Committee Volunteer Application.
Stay off the Ice – Area Waters Unsafe Please see the attached public safety message from Prince William Fire & Rescue. (Please see the article in the “attachments” section at the bottom of this announcement).
Pictures – Send them in! If you love taking pictures of your family, events, nature, etc….send them to email@example.com. They could be featured in the Montclairion!
Ad-Hoc Signage Committee – 2/4 @ 10:00AM
Meeting ID: 852 0227 5459
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Meeting ID: 852 0227 5459
COVID Vaccine Information
The Prince William Health District What You Should Know:
The Federal Government is making 400 million N95 masks available to Americans for free.
• Federal Government is making available 400 million N95 masks from the Strategic National Stockpile for free to Americans.
• N95 masks will be available for the public to pick up at tens of thousands of local pharmacies and thousands of community health center sites across the country.
• The Federal Government is starting to ship masks at the end of this week, and masks will start to be available at pharmacies and community health centers late next week. The program will be fully up and running by early February. This is the largest deployment of personal protective equipment in U.S. history.
Community Vaccination Center and Manassas Mall
Appointments are highly recommended, walk-ins are welcomed.
Sign up for appointments at vase.vdh.virginia.gov for either the CVC or the Manassas Mall vaccine clinic
Community Vaccination Center (CVC)
The Prince William CVC is located at the old Gander Mt. building, which is located at 14011 Worth Avenue, Woodbridge, VA 22192.
CVC hours: Monday through Saturday 8 am to 6 pm. Accepting Walk-ins.
Manassas Mall Clinic
Prince William Health District at Manassas Mall COVID-19 vaccine clinic (Run by Red Sea) is located 8300 Sudley Rd, Manassas, VA 20109
Appointments are highly recommended, limited walk-ins accepted, while vaccine supplies last.
Vaccines offered: Pfizer, Moderna, and Pfizer 5-11 year old vaccinations, (including immunocompromised 3rd dose and boosters, according to current recommendations)
Mall Clinic Hours:
Friday January 28: 10 am to 6 pm (Appointments are highly recommended, limited walk-ins accepted, vaccines offered: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson. Pfizer 5-11 year old vaccinations, Immunocompromised boosters, 16 and older boosters.
Saturday January 29: 9 am to 5 pm (Appointments are highly recommended, limited walk-ins accepted, vaccines offered: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson. Pfizer 5-11 year old vaccinations, Immunocompromised boosters, 16 and older boosters.
Community Testing Center (CTC)
To Make an appointment: https://vase.vdh.virginia.gov/testingappointment
CTC are open Saturday through Thursday 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
Located at 7 County Complex Court, Woodbridge, VA. 22192
Pfitzner Stadium/White Tent
1. If you can’t make it to your appointment or find another testing location, please cancel your appointment. This will free up appointments for other residents.
2. If you go to the scheduling site online and can’t find the CTC location, it could mean that all the appointments have been taken. Keep checking, expand your search to 100 miles and increase the number of days - the time span - you are searching.
3. CTCs are closed on Fridays, and are Blackout days to allow our lab partners to get results back. On Fridays at noon, appointments open up for Saturday & Sunday appointments.
4. Can’t find an appointment. When there are no more appointments available you can not book for a later date, or more than 2 days out. Make sure your search uses 100 mile radious. Try back another day for appointment availability.
5. NOTE: Some CTCs are currently managing delays of test results. ANSWER: The delays have been caused by a variety of issues that include incorrect contact information, inconclusive tests that required additional evaluation, an interface issue with the VASE+ reporting system and the weather. The VDH CTC team and its partners are currently working on the problem and have started contacting the individuals who have been impacted. Please Do not call PWHD clinics or offices for results or issues. Call the VDH call center at 877-VAX-IN-VA (877) 829-4682 TTY users call 7-1-1.