Community Update – 2-7-22
TOWNHOME TRASH COLLECTION – ONLY American Disposal is currently conducting an audit of trash collection services in the Townhomes. During this time, they WILL NOT perform trash collection from one common area dumping site. They ask that each individual unit put their trash in their front yards so individual collection can be tabulated. Sub-Associations: Alexander Square HOA; Island HOA; Northside Townhome Assoc; Southlake Landing Townhome Assoc; Water’s Edge Townhome Assoc.
UPDATE - Trash & Yard debris collection Please be advised that American Disposal has confirmed that yard debris and trash are being collected on the same day (Thursdays) from 12/24 – 2/28. Starting 3/1, yard debris pick-up days will revert back to Wednesdays and Trash will remain on Thursdays. If you have any questions, please call American Disposal at (703) 368-0500.
Meet the Montclair POA Board of Directors Candidates Get to know the Candidates before Conversation with the Candidates, please go to: www.montclairva.com and click the “Meet the Candidates” icon!
Battery Safety Day – 2/19 Please see the important safety flyer from Prince William County Government located at the bottom of this announcement in the “attachments” section.
Volunteers Needed – 3/26 We’re on the hunt for volunteers to help with everything from egg stuffing to setup and egg hiding, and we can’t do it without you! Whether you need volunteer hours for school or just want to be more involved with Montclair – we need you! tinyurl.com/MPOASpring2022 We are looking for an Easter Bunny too, if interested please signup below! tinyurl.com/MPOABunnyHunt
Spring Celebration – The hunt is on! – 3/26 This year’s Spring Celebration will include an egg hunt, bunny photos, relay races, craft tables and a veteran egg hunt for the older kids. In an effort to keep everything organized and more socially distanced, we ask that you sign your little “hunters” up in the appropriate time slot according to their age. We also ask that you register your racers/teams for the relay races ahead of time. Sign up here: tinyurl.com/MPOAEggHunt2022 **A VALID REC ID IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND THIS EVENT!** More details will be released via this e-blast, the MPOA Facebook page and in March’s Montclairion as we get closer to the event.
Initial Construction Subcommittee – ICC Do you have experience in construction, engineering or home building? If so, the MPOA needs your help and expertise on the ICC. For more information or a volunteer application, please visit https://www.montclairva.com/documents-and-forms, Article 3 Committees & Committee Volunteer Application.
Avian Flu detected in Northern VA Please see the flyer from Virginia Cooperative Extension located at the bottom of this announcement in the “attachments” section.
Election Committee – 2/7 @ 7:00PM
History Committee – 2/8 @ 7:30PM
MPOA Building 3561 Waterway Drive Montclair, VA 22025
Board of Directors Meeting – 2/9 @ 7:30PM
Ad-Hoc Dog Park Committee – 2/10 @ 5:00PM
Covenants Committee – 2/10 @ 7:00PM
COVID Vaccine Information
The Prince William Health District What You Should Know:
FDA Is Warning Consumers About Unauthorized AG Covid-19 Home Test
The FDA issued a warning to the public to stop using Empowered Diagnostics COVID-19 Tests. Empowered Diagnostics is recalling the CovClear COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test and the ImmunoPass COVID-19 Neutralizing Antibody Rapid Test.
These tests were distributed with labeling indicating they are authorized by the FDA, but neither test has been authorized, cleared, or approved by the FDA for distribution or use in the U.S. The FDA is concerned about the potentially higher risk of false results when using unauthorized tests, and has identified this issue as a class I recall, the most serious type of recall.
Community Testing Center (CTC)
Walk-ins Now Accepted
Test are available for persons 3 Months and Older
Appointments are encouraged at the new CTCs, but walk-ins are welcome. The CTC will offer free Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) testing for COVID-19. PCR test results are usually available within a few days, and are very effective in detecting an active COVID-19 infection, even if asymptomatic. The CTC will administer PCR tests to individuals 3 months and older.
To Make an appointment: https://vase.vdh.virginia.gov/testingappointment
The CTC is open Saturday through Thursday 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
Located at 7 County Complex Court, Woodbridge, VA. 22192
Pfitzner Stadium/White Tent
1. If you can’t make it to your appointment or find another testing location, please cancel your appointment. . Walk-ins will be accepted while supplies last.
2. If you go to the scheduling site online and can’t find the CTC location, it could mean that all the appointments have been taken. Keep checking, expand your search to 100 miles and increase the number of days - the time span - you are searching.
3. CTCs are closed on Fridays, and are Blackout days to allow our lab partners to get results back. On Fridays at noon, appointments open up for Saturday & Sunday appointments.
4. Can’t find an appointment. When there are no more appointments available you can not book for a later date, or more than 2 days out. Make sure your search uses 100 mile radious. Walk-ins available as supplies last.
5. NOTE: Some CTCs are currently managing delays of test results. ANSWER: The delays have been caused by a variety of issues that include incorrect contact information, inconclusive tests that required additional evaluation, an interface issue with the VASE+ reporting system and the weather. The VDH CTC team and its partners are currently working on the problem and have started contacting the individuals who have been impacted. Please Do not call PWHD clinics or offices for results or issues. Call the VDH call center at 877-VAX-IN-VA (877) 829-4682 TTY users call 7-1-1.
Community Vaccination Center and Manassas Mall
Appointments are highly recommended, walk-ins are welcomed.
Sign up for appointments at vase.vdh.virginia.gov for either the CVC or the Manassas Mall vaccine clinic
Community Vaccination Center (CVC)
The Prince William CVC is located at the old Gander Mt. building, which is located at 14011 Worth Avenue, Woodbridge, VA 22192.
CVC hours: Monday through Saturday 8 am to 6 pm. Accepting Walk-ins.